Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Editing Experiments.

In order to get to know the software we would be using for our final piece, I did some independent videography so that I had some footage of my own to practice editing techniques on. The footage I gathered has nothing to do with our genre or final film, but it still enabled me to practice using the software.

I filmed a band that a friend of mine is a member of, from two different angles; using two different cameras. Obviously, due to two cameras being used, I needed help from another friend to shoot on behalf of one of the cameras. Due to getting footage from two different angles, I was then able to merge the two together using different editing cuts and transitions, to create a flowing music video which cut seamlessly from one angle to another.

It also enabled me to use all 3 sound layers, (1 for each camera, and 1 for background noise) this helped me make sure the music matched the movement of the singer's lips and the instruments. The work I had done so far for our media video only needed one or two sound layers, so working with my own footage enabled me to learn how to use more layers and techniques than I actually would need for my final piece.

The sound quality does not matter in this footage, as it was the editing techniques I was concentrating and experimenting on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE FINAL FOOTAGE.

Copyright - Laura Harris & Gareth Ford. ©
I Only Date Models.

No comments:

Post a Comment