
I researched into the top 10 films of the last year, so that I could find out what is the most popular genre of recent times. By doing this, I will be able to find out the ideal genre to pick for my audience. I do not necessarily need to pick a genre that is in the top 10, as there are often films that are surprise winners of the time.
10. Inglourious Basterds.
Popular director (Tarantino) and electric cast.
(Brad Pitt, Mike Myers)
9. Terminator Salvation.
Long awaited, as the third part of the saga.
Would already have fans from one and two.
8. Monsters Vs Aliens.
Disney always has a huge fan base.
Also has popular actors as the voice-overs.
7. Angels and Demons.
Sequel. Would already have fans from the first half.
6. Star Trek.
It is a familiar remake with popular actors.
5. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
Already has many fans due to its severe popularity before this film.
4. Up.
Disney pixar are as popular as always.
And is attractive to all audiences even though it is a animation.
3. An Education.
Was up for many awards and has a popular genre.
2. The Hurt Locker.
Ironic storyline, and up/won many Oscars.
Also had built up hype.
1. Avatar.
Had the most hype.
The most expensive movie made; to see if it paid off?
Used new technologies, and had more experience.
Because of this won many awards.
From my research, I have found that the most popular of films already have a known fan base (either through previous films or books) or if the film has a wide audience range. Also if a film has a hugely popular production company behind them such as Disney, it is almost guaranteed to be a success. When making our own film, we would have to make sure that a wide demographic range was created as not to limit our audience.
No comments:
Post a Comment